So all my friends decided to have their birthdays in the same month.
It’s a bitter-sweet feeling. On the one side, I get to dress up and attend parties. On the other side, I need to get everyone presents. So this, as you can imagine, can become quite expensive…
I had to come up with ideas on what to give everyone. I like making things, because I feel it’s more personal and you give away a little of yourself. So besides making a cute pouch (which I’ll blog about a bit later), I wanted to do something that didn’t take so much time.
Thanks to my friend Pinterest I was inspired to make a little book!
Voila! A really easy present, but handmade and beautiful!
I put together a mini-tutorial on making it.
- Paper (preferably a bit thicker than normal paper, but thinner than cardboard paper)
- A pretty piece of paper for the cover
- A pair of scissors
Putting it together
- Fold your paper in half to get the “book” look.
- Make 3 holes where you want to bind it. I used the scissor for this, because I didn’t want to use a hole puncher. I wanted something more authentic. Please be careful though, I cut my finger using the scissors, but I liked the end result.
[Tip: Make your middle hole a bit bigger, because you will be pulling the string through it twice.]
- After making your holes, take your rope, but don’t cut it yet. You can do that at the end.
- Start from the outside and pull the string through the middle hole.
- Going upwards, (you are now on the inside of the book), pull the string through the top hole.
- Now pull the string through the bottom hole (from the outside).
- Lastly complete the cycle by going through the middle hole again (from the inside). [Remember to make the middle hole a bit larger.]
- Now you can cut the string and make a knot.
Hope you enjoyed this! Have a lovely time bookmaking!